May 13, 2011

Calla Lilies

Yesterday was our 2nd Wedding Anniversary.  When planning our wedding the most difficult decision I had was what flowers I wanted in my bouquet.  I love tulips.  Steve says I like them so much because of the Dutch in me.  I almost decided to have a bouquet of dark purple tulips but I really wanted something unique.  In the end, I decided on a bouquet of burnt orange calla lilies.
                               
Unfortunately, calla lilies are the most difficult flower to dry.  As a memento to my bouquet and wedding day, last year I planted two pots of burnt orange calla lilies. 
I am proud to announce that they too survived their first winter and made an appearance on our special day.

Can you see the three lilies peaking through??


 
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment