May 07, 2012

I'm Still Here!!!

A few weeks ago marked the beginning of summer for me – it was the first time since last year that I did something outside, and it was wonderful.  To be out of house and doing something outside instead of being a lump on the couch felt refreshing and exhilarating.

I tackled one of the flower beds removing last years plants and pulled a few weeds – yes, there are weeds already.  As I cleared the dead plants I was reminded why I love perennials.  Hiding amongst the dead leaves and stems were numerous little buds pushing through the earth; and now, two weeks later they are flourishing.  I love my perennials because they never let me down, every year they reappear and make things oh so easy for me.

I must admit, I haven’t really given this year’s garden much thought yet.  We always seem to be busy with something and have had a few things comes up that required our full attention so garden planning, and blogging, have taken the back seat.

One thing I did do over the winter was stumble across a wonderful garden book.  It’s called “NO GUFF VEGETABLE GARDENING” and is a book I would recommend to any gardener.  It’s a fun book that is easy to read and is full of useful ideas and suggestions.


I’m still having a hard time believing it’s a week into May already.  Over the weekend I actually took the time to try and plan the garden layout.  In previous years I would have done this several times already.

Over the weekend the temperature was in the high teens and it was tempting to start planting but I know it’s too early.  On the long weekend we’ll tackle the garden and start planting – I’m starting to get excited.  And I promise once the seeds are in the ground you’ll be hearing more from me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb
    Another good blog. I look forward to your updates and pictures. Mom

    ReplyDelete